Welcome to my practice. I have been practicing podiatry in the greater Grand Rapids Area for over 30 years. As a licensed podiatrist, I believe my patients deserve to have the best information to make choices about their foot and ankle care. My goal is to educate each patient and begin a relevant treatment program with the highest quality of care available.
- D.P.M. from Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine - Chicago, IL
- Internship at Michigan Health Center - Detroit, MI
- Residency at Botsford General Hospital - Farmington Hills, MI
Certifications and Fellowships
- Board Certified - American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Diplomate of The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Association of Podiatric Practice Management
- American Diabetes Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Michigan Podiatric Medical Association
- Spectrum Health
- Metro Health
Mercy Health Saint Mary's Campus
Attributes of our office and staff
- We have Medical Assistants who are friendly and accommodating
- Our receptionist will gladly schedule you and will help you get the paperwork ready for your appointment
- We are fully computerized and will electronically submit your claims for patient convenience
- We have a certified shoe fitter to help you select the right shoe for your individual needs
- Our practice has that small "hometown" feeling and you will never feel like a number
Ashley joined our team in October 2020 as our receptionist and soon after became our Office Manager. She has several years of healthcare experience in different settings along with administrative and customer service experience.
Ashley enjoys spending time with her little one and Michigan fall weather. She would much rather be with family and friends before finding her in a crowded place.
Ashley has a lot of passion to treat patients with the best experience possible. She strives to make each visit an asset to the patient’s health and wellbeing.
Sophia joined our AFAA team in June of 2021 as a Medicaid Assistant. Sophia comes with a medical background in hospital and assisted living settings. She previously spent time work more behind the scenes and is excited to be working directly with patients again.
Sophia has happily engaged for two years and a cat mom of two. She excited to see what the future hold for them.
Podiatry is interesting to her because fixing a problem with the foot and help fix other problems throughout the body, It is interesting that everything in the body is so connected! She is thrilled to be working more hands on with patients and with the geriatric population again. She appreciates the 1-on-1 time she can have with patients at a small office like AFAA.
Brittney joined the office in June 2021 as the receptionist. She has 7 years of front desk and clinical experience in medical and veterinary offices and has found she truly enjoys working for a small, single provider office.
Brittney has two daughters and was just recently married to her loving husband. She enjoys baseball, snowmobiling and spending time with her family.
When asked why podiatry? Brittney responded "feet can reflect your general health. Abnormalities or pain in the feet can be a sign of a more serious health condition." Brittney also enjoys seeing patients of all ages and is happy to be back in a small, family-oriented office,